Newcastle International College (NIC)
Newcastle International College (NIC), located in Newcastle, New South Wales, is a modern and progressive institution, providing students with an alternative pathway to University studies. NIC is proud to be part of the Navitas group and to be associated with the University of Newcastle.
NIC is located at the University of Newcastle’s Callaghan campus, which is a unique natural bushland campus, located only 12 km from the city of Newcastle. The campus is easily accessible by car as well as by frequent bus and train services.
The University of Newcastle is a multicultural and internationally recognised university, and has a long-standing reputation for its academic and research excellence. The University is ranked in the top 60 universities in the Asia Pacific region (Shanghai Jiao Tong University Ranking 2010), and is ranked in the top 300 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2010). Students have access to degrees which are focused on both academic and professional training, preparing students for the real world. The University’s degrees are internationally recognised and teaching staff are acknowledged among the best in Australia, and many are experts in their field.
Newcastle is a vibrant and internationally recognised city, named by the Lonely Planet as one of the ‘Top 10 cities for 2011.’ Located only two hours north of Sydney, Newcastle is the second largest city in New South Wales and is an excellent place to live and learn. The city is full of heritage, and is famous for its relaxed costal lifestyle and friendliness, with all the conveniences and facilities of living in a big city. Newcastle is well-known for its great beaches, waterways, parks and gardens, art galleries, restaurants and cafes, shopping centres and boutique shopping vilages, and is the capital of the famous Hunter Region which is renowned for its famous wines and a popular tourist destination.
5 reasons to study at Navitas at NIC
- NIC offers a fast-track Diploma which can be completed in a minimum of two semesters (eight months). Completing your diploma in eight months means that you can accelerate your way to the second year of a Bachelor’s degree and complete this in as little as two years and eight months.
- Unique university campus location – NIC offers programs on the Callaghan campus at the University of Newcastle, located only 12 kilometres form the city of Newcastle.
- Students will have access to all of the university’s facilities including one of the best undergraduate libraries in Australia, sporting facilities (including an Olympic-sized swimming facility), access to student associations and on-campus accommodation.
- NIC delivers university-level courses in a personalised and supportive learning environment. Studying in a small class environment means that students will have access to a range of academic and support programs to ensure a successful transition to the University. Students are taught by university-approved lecturers and many teach the same courses in the University degrees.
- NIC prepares students for university life and a smooth transition to a university degree. Graduates from the University of Newcastle are job-ready and have a very high graduate employment rate.
Courses offered at NIC
Diploma offered at NIC:
- Business and Commerce
- Media and Communication (available from June 2012)
- Information Technology (available from June 2012)
Students will be able to subsequently transfer to the second year of the University of Newcastle degrees in
- Business (including Tourism and Supply Chain Management specialisations)
- Communications (including Journalism and Public Relations)
- Information Technology (including Digital Media and Entertainment)